Led by professional engineers, the Robotics Program explores the continuous progression of technology. Students blend creativity with physics, computer programming, science, engineering and other academic principles to solve daunting technical challenges.
They become immersed in examining the problem, designing and building the technical solution along with conducting tests to ensure it works. They learn and use sophisticated software and hardware to build a robot of their design.
Students experiment and manipulate technology together as a team. This high level of collaboration drives the passion behind the “Huskyteers,” Fairmont Prep’s Robotics Team. The team participates in an internationally renowned competition hosted by FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology).
The accomplishments resulting from this program build confidence and provide a catalyst to countless academic and career possibilities. It also provides opportunities to receive college scholarships. A total of $16 million worth of scholarships is available for students pursuing this innovative technical field.
- Learn from professional engineers
- Build and compete with a robot of your own design
- Learn and use sophisticated software and hardware
- Compete and cooperate in alliances and tournaments
- Earn a place in the World Championship
- Qualify for over $16 million in college and university scholarships