Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.
Providing A Home Away from Home
Make a difference in the life of an international student and broaden your own family’s cultural awareness. Fairmont Private Schools is seeking qualified host families to provide a “home away from home” for our international students. When you host a student from overseas, you’ll enrich your own life while benefiting from monthly compensation or tuition reimbursement at one of Fairmont Private Schools’ four Orange County campuses.
What is a host family?
A family or individual who opens their home to one or more international students for one or more school years. Hosts provide international students comfortable accommodations, meals, and an introduction to the American way of life.
Why be a host family?
- As compensation for the arrangement, host families receive a monthly stipend (taxable income).
- Hosting an international student is an exceptional way to learn about other cultures. International students are eager to share information and anecdotes about their food, customs, and culture with their host family.
- Children within the host family especially enjoy having a new housemate and the opportunity to make an international friend.
- Hosting an international student can be mentioned on resumes or in college admissions essays to demonstrate intercultural experience.
- Many hosts maintain unique friendships with their former housemates for years to come.
- Hosts experience the satisfaction of helping an international student through the challenging process of adapting to life in a new country.
- Hosts can make their own contribution to fostering better international relations by enlightening international students about United States culture.
International Student Orientation Videos
Downloads & Forms
Part one of the Homestay Application is to be submitted electronically. The document is a writable PDF. Please save the form to your computer and then complete the form, save again and email the completed version along with your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dear Potential Host Family
Host Mom Testimonial
Homestay Student Testimonial
Host Family Rules
Fairmont Host Application Part 1
Host Family Application Form – Part 2
Fairmont Student Transportation Schedule (P-12 Grade)